One of the biggest reasons people go abroad is to give their families a better standard of living. The Dependent Visa is a powerful tool created by countries to help families live together. It allows professionals, students, permanent residents and others to bring their family that is in a different country to their new home country. The dependent visa allows professionals, students, permanent residents and others to bring their family that is in a different country to their new home country. We can help you understand the intricacies of the dependent visa process in order to reunite your family and build a happy life abroad..


  1. Temporary Visas for holders of the following visas
  • Work, intra-company transfer, Student, Fiancé

2. Permanent Visas are for spouses or children below the age of 18-21 years old

  • Immigration dependents

Spouse/partners on temporary Dependent Visas are allowed limited work rights based on their visa validity in most countries, except the US.

Dependents granted Permanent Residence Visas have the right to live, study and work for as long as they remain permanent residents.


In order to reunite families, countries across the world offer dependent visas with various facilities. Typically, these visas allow you to call your immediate family abroad through a short process which focuses extensively on your financial ability. Usually dependent visas allow successful applicants to:

  • Stay in the country they are applying to under the sponsorship of their relative
  • Work or study in some cases
  • Travel in that country


Different countries have different dependent visa solutions and as such, there is no homogeneous eligibility criteria. However, the following criteria is usually common:

  • Applicants must have a valid passport
  • The sponsor must have adequate financial resources to support the dependents
  • Work and income proof of the sponsor
  • Medical examination and evidence of adequate insurance for dependents
  • Filled application with enclosed fee


 Our expertise spans countries and regions and we are the consultant of choice for serious applicants. When you sign up with us, a dedicated visa consultant will assist you with your case and be with you throughout the process. Our support includes:

  • Document checklist
  • Complete dependent visa application support
  • Assistance with collecting supporting documentation
  • Visa Interview Preparation – if required
  • Updates & Follow-up with the Consulate
  • Concierge services
  • Assistance with biometric services if required

Discover how we can help you increase your application’s chances of success.


Got A Question ?

Contact Us Quickly & We'll Get Back To Yo As Soon As Possible



A Dependent Visa is a type of Visa that permits the spouses and kids to travel to an overseas nation for the purpose of accompanying/joining the family member with a corresponding Visa.

With a dependent visa, the dependents of a lawful migrant to a country such as spouse, dependent children or parents can enter and stay in the country. Such dependents can apply for a visa to join the migrant in the country.

To apply for the visa on behalf of the dependents, the applicant has to prove that he has enough funds to support the dependents and will not rely on state or public funds to support them. Dependents on their part will have to prove that they intend to live with the primary applicant during their stay and their relationship is genuine.

Children under 18 will have to prove that they are not leading an independent life and rely on the primary applicant for support.

Documents that prove the relationship are required such as marriage certificate in case of spouse and birth certificate in case of children.

There are several documents needed for Spouse Visa. The exact documents will depend on the nationality of the spouse and the nation of residence. Passport copy, Birth certificate, proof of relationship, police reports, etc. will be needed.

There are several documents needed for Spouse Visa. The exact documents will depend on the nationality of the spouse and the nation of residence. Passport copy, Birth certificate, proof of relationship, police reports, etc will be needed.

The fundamental documents required are:

  • Wedding certificate
  • Photographs of passport size
  • Valid Passport
  • Photographs demonstrating the authenticity of a relationship like family photographs etc
  • Joint housing bills
  • Joint statements of bank account
  • Any other requirements as specified by the Immigration authorities

Apart from this in some countries it is required that the primary applicant and the spouse must be above 18 years of age. A birth certificate will be required to prove this.

The primary applicant must have proof in the form of bank statements that he has the necessary funds to support his spouse and other dependents.

The processing times for Spouse Visa are variable based on the nation of immigration and individual circumstances. It can take around a few weeks to few months.

The processing of a spouse visa for Canada can take up to 12 months whereas the spouse visa for Australia can take between 11 to 15 months. In the UK the spouse visa takes about 2 to 12 weeks whereas in the US it takes an average of 6 to 9 months.

The English test required for Spouse Visa is IELTS.

You can apply for the Family Visa by collating the required documents:

  • Current travel ID or Passport that is valid
  • Expired passports
  • Evidence of relationship to the family member who is sponsoring you
  • Evidence that you can fulfil the maintenance or monetary requirement
  • Evidence of having knowledge of the English language

After collating the required documents:

  • Book an appointment for the Visa interview
  • Fill the Visa application form
  • Collate the necessary documents
  • Attend the interview for the Visa
  • Pay the required Visa fee
  • Wait for the decision on your Visa application

The U.S

There are many steps to the process of getting a family member from a foreign nation to the U.S. The U.S. sponsor, who may be a citizen or a green card holder, files Form I-130 with USCIS. Type I-130 provides details that confirms the family relationship ‘s validity. The U.S. supporter would need to supplement the form with documentation showing their citizenship or green card status, as well as documents proving their relationship with the foreign national.


The initial visa application for new immigrants to Canada will include family members, such as spouse and minor children, while parents, grandparents, and others must be supported by Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

 In general, your spouse or common-law partner will be included in your own immigration application. The dependent children of your spouse can also be included in your visa application.

The U.K

Visa holders in the U.K can apply for a family visa for the following dependents:

Spouse or legal partner

Child under 18

Child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependent

The applicant must prove that he can support his dependents when they are in the UK.  He must prove that he has the required funds by showing his bank statement.


Australia allows international students and professionals to call their families to Australia under the Dependent Visa program.

If you are coming to Australia to study, you are eligible to bring your family members with you. You can either include them on your original student visa application or you can apply for their visas once you have started your course in Australia so that they can join you. Spouses, partners and unmarried children under the age of 18 are eligible for dependent visas.

If you are coming to Australia on a work visa, your dependent family members are eligible to join you on dependent visas.

If you are coming to Australia on temporary worker visa, only your spouse or de facto partner and any unmarried children under the age of 18 are eligible for dependent family visas.

If you are coming to Australia on a migrant worker or business visa, any dependent family members are eligible to join you including:

  • Spouse or de facto partner
  • Any children under the age of 25
  • Aged dependent relatives such as parents or grandparents.

In the UK, if the applicant for a spouse visa is not a national of a majority English-speaking country and does not have a valid degree, they may need to take an approved English language examination to show that they comply with the requirements of the English language.

The English language test must be an approved test, it must be taken through a Home Office approved Secure English Language Testing (‘SELT’) provider. SELT tests are only available through Trinity College London (UK only) or IELTS SELT Consortium (UK and overseas).

Australia is planning to announce changes to the English language requirements for spouse/partner visas from late 2021. Partner visa applicants are required to have functional level English to apply for a PR visa. 

Functional English means an average band score of at least 4.5 in all the four sections of the IELTS, or an overall band score of at least 30 in each section of the PTE.

IELTS is not required for Canada spouse visa


Note: Carousel will only load on frontend.