SETTLE WITH YOUR FAMILY IN CANADA
Are you a citizen or permanent resident or work permit holder in Canada wanting to bring your dependents to Canada? To facilitate families to live together, the Government of Canada allows eligible residents above the age of 18 to sponsor dependent spouses, children, parents, partners, and grandparents to live with them in Canada. We can help you reunite with your family with our dedicated Canada dependent visa services.
CANADA DEPENDENT VISA DETAILS
The Canada Dependent Visa allows you to bring your dependents to Canada and also allows them to work or study full time once they have the relevant permits. Under the Canada Dependent Visa, you can sponsor the following relations for a dependent visa:
- Your spouse or common-law partner or conjugal partner
- Dependent children under the age of 21
- Dependent parents or grandparents
- A child you adopted outside Canada while you held a Canadian citizenship or PR
- Your brother, sister, niece, nephew, uncle, aunt or other close relatives
The relations you sponsor can live with you in Canada. Your spouse or conjugal partner can also apply for a Work Permit in order to work in Canada.
Sub heading-Child visa to bring dependent children to Canada
The dependent visa allows sponsors to bring their children to Canada:
- Child adopted outside Canada when the sponsor was a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in the country
- Child that they intend to adopt in Canada
- Sponsor’s brother or sister, nephew or niece, grandson or granddaughter if they are an orphan and meet the eligibility criteria
Eligibility conditions for child visa:
- The child must be under 22 years who does not have a spouse, or a common law or conjugal partner.
- The dependent child must be the biological child or the adopted child of the sponsor.
- The child must prove he is dependent on the sponsor/parent for his financial needs.
- Dependent children who are not able to support themselves due to a physical or mental condition have no age limit for seeking sponsorship.
- The sponsor must submit proof of his relationship with the dependent children.
- The children who are being sponsored must undergo a medical examination and also submit proof that they have no criminal cases pending against them.
- The medical examination must be done by a physician who is approved by the Canadian government.
Eligibility conditions to sponsor a dependent:
If an individual wants to sponsor a Dependent Visa for Canada, he must submit documents that provide information about his finances for the past 12 months to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This will help the authorities to determine if the sponsor has the means to financially support the members which includes his dependent children.
The documentation required for sponsoring a dependent under the Canada Dependent Visa includes:
- Passport & travel history
- Background documentation
- Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate
- Other proof of relationship
- Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances
- Completed application & consulate fees
HOW VIN CONSULTANCY CAN HELP YOU
With decades of experience in the Canadian immigration process, We has deep experience to help you with your Canada Dependent Visa. Relocating your family to Canada is a sensitive task and We has the expertise to help you apply with confidence. Our teams will help you with:
- Completing the visa documents checklist
- Assistance during application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
- Relocation and post-landing support in Canada