VISIT & STAY IN THE UK FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS
Take a holiday or visit your friends and family in the UK with the UK visit visa. The UK visit visa is known as the Standard Visit Visa and is used by millions of visitors to the UK for their travel. We can help you get your documentation and application right and increase your chances of getting the visa.
UK VISIT VISA DETAILS
The UK visit visa is an online visa with an appointment at VFS to submit your documents. The process typically takes 3-4 weeks and once the visa is issued you can stay up to 6 months in the UK. The UK visit visa is applicable for:
- Visiting friends and family in the UK
- Visiting the UK for leisure and tourism
- Visiting the UK for medical reasons
- Other non-business activities
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR UK VISITOR VISA
The documentation required for the UK visit visa includes:
- Personal details
- Salary and financial details
- Travel itinerary and travel history
- Proof that you can fund your stay adequately
- Proof that you can pay for your air travel to and from the UK
- Proof that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit
WHEN TO APPLY
Apply for the visa at least three months before your intended date of travel.
DURATION OF STAY
You can stay for up to six months on this visa. You can extend your stay if you have come to the UK for private medical treatment by paying additional charges.
You can also extend your stay if you are in the country to attend an academic program.
LONG –TERM VISITOR VISA
If you need to visit the country for a longer period, you can apply for the long-term Standard Visitor visa with duration of either 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months during every visit.
HOW VIN CONSULTANCY CAN HELP YOU ?
Our experience and expertise in the UK immigration process makes us your partner of choice for your visa application. Our teams will help you with:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
Talk to a Vin Consultancy visa consultant to get your process underway today.
Got A Question ?
Contact Us Quickly & We'll Get Back To Yo As Soon As Possible
You can apply for a UK Tourist Visa from India maximum 3 months prior to your travel. You should get the decision within 3 weeks once you have paid the Visa fee. However, it can take longer in some cases.
The documents required when you apply for a UK Tourist Visa from India are:
- Latest passport or any other valid travel document
- A blank page in the Passport for Visa and the Passport must be valid for your entire stay in the UK
You will have to provide certified translated copies of documents that are not in Welsh or English.
You may have to provide extra documents if you are re-arriving at the UK:
- For private medical treatment
- As an academic on sabbatical intending to stay for 1 year
- To apply as a donor of an organ
- As a potential Entrepreneur
- To take the PLAB – Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board test or sit the OSCE – Objective Structured Clinical Examination
- In transit to a nation outside the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Ireland, and the UK
Other details that you will require include:
- The dates that you are planning for arriving and staying in the UK
- Details of the places where you will stay during your visit
- Approximation of the cost of your trip
- Your existing home address and the duration that you have been residing there
- The names and dates of birth of your parent
- Your annual earnings
You can also require:
- Your travel history details for the last ten years as per your Passport
- Address and telephone number of your employer
- Name, date of birth and Passport number of your partner
- The name and address of the person if they are paying for your trip
- Name, address and passport numbers of your family members in the UK if any
- Details of any immigration, civil, or criminal offenses if you have committed
You have to apply for the UK Tourist Visa online from India. You will have to book an appointment at a VAC in India as a part of your online application. You must also make payment of the required Visa fee.
Your biometric details must be submitted at your appointment. This includes digital face photograph and your fingerprints. The following information must also be carried:
- Your appointment confirmation and fee payment receipt if any
- Print-out of your application form dated and signed
- Your valid travel document or Passport with a minimum 1-page blank on both sides
- Supporting documents in originals and with translation in English if not in the English language
The UK Tourist Visa fee from 29 March 2019 is as follows:
- Short-term (Single or Multiple entries, up to 6 months) – 95 Pounds
- Long-term (Valid for a maximum of 2 years) – 361 Pounds
- Long-term (Valid for a maximum of 5 years) – 655 Pounds
- Long-term (Valid for maximum 10 years) – 822 Pounds
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
With the UK standard visitor visa, you can:
- Participate in business related activities
- Study in the country for up to 30 days if you have taken the visa for this purpose
- Take part in an exchange program or educational visit if you are under 18 years of age
- Pass through the UK in transit when travelling to another country
However, with this visa you cannot:
- Live in the country for long periods through frequent visits
- Do paid or unpaid work during your stay here
- Marry or enter a civil partnership or give a notice for the same
- Obtain public funds